RE: [MOL] Dusti, weather [01024] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] Dusti, weather

Title: RE: [MOL] Dusti, weather

 Jeanne,

When I first moved here, I imagined a bunch of TeePee's and oil wells.  I was very surprised that this is a regular city with high rises and gorgeous parks and just beautiful homes.  Not all of the dirt is red, you were right about this being some prime farming land.  We drive to the country alot and there are alot of rolling hills, tons of trees, & greenery everywhere.  They call Tulsa, 'Green Country' because in the spring & summer, the foilage everywhere is green.  Tulsa was a huge oil town where many people made their fortunes, some of the architecture downtown is truly amazing.  The summer time here is sooo hot, it's unbelievable.  My husband works outside primarily (he is a contractor-concrete, roofing, remodeling, etc..) and after the summer, his skin is so dark that he looks like he is an Indian.  My son even came out with a tan, that pretty olive skin.  I like it here, I didn't think I would but it is a city with a small town feel.  People here care about their schools and their neighborhoods.  We call this state the 'buckle' of the bible belt.  A very conservative mindset which is ok is some ways but not very progessive in others.  It's six & a half of one and half a dozen of another (that's my Mom's saying, I think it means everything is a trade off).  This morning it has stormed like crazy, I didn't want to get out of bed it was so nice.  If I were you, I would go to Hawaii.  My sister has been there several times and LOVES it.  I'm a beach lover though and I can block other people out if I feel like I'm being too crowded.  Good luck with your decision, I'll be living vicariously through you when you take your vacation, so pick a good one!!! ha ha

Regards
Dusti