[MOL] Bob Gelo [01020] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Bob Gelo

Hi, Bob, I am sorry to hear that things have not gone well with your
diagnosis which is the same as mine, adenocarcinoma unknown primary. You
are walking upright in dignity through difficult times. You are doing
well. I was diagnosed with acup in dec 97 and had a talc pleurdesis
right away. Since they doctors in Canada could not offer anything, they
suggested that I go for quality of life. I investigated a lot of
unconventional therapy and did well enough on this that I may be going
back to work. I have no idea if if it was anything I did with the
various therapies or if it was just plain luck. I did have a talc
pleurdesis right away. The fluid was drained and after two biopsies
taken this year were negative for cancer cells. My oncologist is sure
that there is something going on somewhere as the lung mass is slowly
growing and it was considered a met but whatever is happening, the
process is very slow. I did go immediately on megavitamin therapy and
antioxidants. I have gone for saunas up to 5 times a week and in my
Native American tradition, the sweatlodge ceremony.

I remember we had one lady Maggie who had the same diagnosis and she had
57 drainings and this was 5 years after she was told she would not be
around long. Attitude is important and a strong survival instinct. A lot
of "Oh, Yeah" attitude is the best! We just do not know what life will
dish out and we can only ask for the strength and courage to bear
whatever happens. A chuckle or a belly laugh a day would be good. Stay
on line, we have arrived from different places but now we are all in the
same boat. God bless, Jeanne

Feel free to e-mail me privately.