Re: [MOL] (MOL) Lung Cancer and Carboplatin (Paraplatin) &Paclitaxel (T [00958] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] (MOL) Lung Cancer and Carboplatin (Paraplatin) &Paclitaxel (Taxol)

Dear Tam:  I had limited stage small cell lung cancer -- confined to my right
lung.  I was diagnosed in December of 1997.  The chemotherapy made me very
sick -- I won't deny that.  It was extremely aggressive.  I lost my hair,
there were times I couldn't see well, I suffered from nausea, dizziness,
anxiety, sleeplessness, etc.  However, my oncologist provided me with
whatever medications I needed to get me through it, and I did.  The radiation
sapped my energy, and burned my esophagus and caused heart damage, but I made
it through.   It wasn't fun, but it was worth it!  Kathy in Boise