Re: [MOL] Update [00859] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Update

Hi Joy,
Been there done that last June. I'm feeling for you as it can be a very
intense time but also the most tenderest of moments and the most giving.
Hope you are feeling alright about the situation.
Sincerely,
Caroline from Canada

----------
> From: Joy Ann Reckley <teejoy@mindspring.com>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: [MOL] Update
> Date: February 22, 2000 1:04 PM
>
> Hi all:  I haven't been on-line much so when I opened my e-mail today I
had
> 453 to catch up on.  Wow!  There has been alot happening lately huh?
> Things with my mom are not good.  We've all decided to stop all
treatments
> because they are doing her more harm than good and her liver is shot.
It's
> making all the medicines and some enzymes and hormones in her system
cause
> her to be toxic.  She sleeps about 18 hours a day, has great difficulty
> walking, and is now not eating.  She just got home from the hospital
today
> where she has been in Hospice since last Thursday.  We are hooked up with
> the Home Hospice Team and the goal is make her as comfrotable as possible
> in the time she has left.  The docs are saying maybe a few weeks but then
> again, only God knows what will happen.  The Hospice Team said that
> sometimes when people stop all treatment for awhile, the reound and do
> better and are able to continue treatment at a later time but the way her
> liver is giving her such difficulty I don't know.  I spend every moment I
> have with her and keeping her comfortable is a hard job because she's not
> comfortable.  I just wanted to check in and let you know what is going
on.
> I probably won't be on much but will gladly sit down each time and read
> 400+ e-mails.  Thanks for all your support and take care.  Your friend,
Joy