Re: [MOL] Veins, Veins, Veins! [00738] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Veins, Veins, Veins!

Hi,
We know it was the port-a-cath as they removed and replaced it and the pain
stopped. But like I said the cancer seemed to go rampant after that. Of
course we will never know for sure what exactly went on.
Sincerely,
Caroline from Canada

----------
> From: Joicy <joicy@erols.com>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] Veins, Veins, Veins!
> Date: February 20, 2000 11:49 AM
>
> Hi, Caroline, I am so very sorry that your father in law had so much
> trouble with his port -- could part of the pain and problem he had be
> because the cancer was moving throughout his body, rahter than the
> reverse? Sometimes cause and effect is so hard to figure... Most all the
> folks I have run into have been very greatful for their ports, myself
> included, especially when you are being "stuck" frequently! The only
> thing I had to watch for was that the surgical nurses didn't always know
> how to access them, so I would try to request an oncology nurse when I
> had surgeries. Hope all is well with you...Blessings, Joicy
>
> The Wilcott Family wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kathy,
> > If you're talking port-a-cath you were lucky you had positive results.
My
> > father-in-law had a terrible time with his. They had to remove and
re-place
> > it due to incredible pain that he had. His body seemed to be trying to
get
> > rid of it. It could be coincidence but that is when his cancer seemed
to go
> > rampant through his body. We felt that it was a negative thing to do.
But