Re: [MOL] Hi All [01016] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Hi All

Dear Dusti:
    Don't know what kind of cancer your mother has but gemzar is first line
for pancreatic cancer and has become first or second line for many others
especially lung.  My husband has been on it sporadically since Thanksgiving.
The main problem it has caused him is a drop in platelets and WBC for which
he takes neupogen shots and some loss of taste and appetite. It's my
impression from others that gemzar is not nearly as bad to tolerate as some
of the other chemos around.  However, it's your mother's decision I guess
what she wants to do.  If you have any other question I can answer, please
let me know.  All the best.  Bess