Re: [MOL] Joy Ann [00823] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Joy Ann

Hi Lillian!  Glad you have some good news your way and was able to spend
time with your dream guy!  Physically I think my Mom has improved some.
She is still very weak but we have been able to take a few trips to the
mall to walk.  Emotionally she is still in denial... if someone asks her
what is wrong she still says "They think I have cancer" or the other day
she said I'll be glad when they find out what I've got and maybe it won't
be cancer.  This is heartbreaking to watch.  She has still had some
confusion although it too has improved in the past few days.  She had an
MRI of her head yesterday and a chest, pelvis..all in that area CT scan as
well.  We go back to Morgantown to the doc on 1/4/2000 to see where we go
from here and if the chemo is working.  She didn't feel like travelling on
Christmas Day so her husband went to his son's and she and I spent a very
nice day and quality time together that I know I will be very greatful for
some day.  She still is also having trouble eating.  Nothing appeals to
her.  She's tried taking Megase to help and sugaring and salting the hack
out of foods.  She eats about 1 meal a day which is still better than it's
been.  thanks for asking and I am so thankful for this forum.  God Bless
and Happy New Year!  Joy