[MOL] Scary pain [00702] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Scary pain

Dear Group:
    Yesterday I posted such a happy hopeful note about our meeting the
millennium and setting dates for each new goal.  Tonight Tom tells me the
pain in his right side in the back (the bulk of his adenocarcinoma is in his
right lung) just above the waist is getting so bad that he can't lie down on
it and it isn't relieved by percocet.  Apparently this is not a side effect
of the neupogen which is giving him significantly more pain. For a long time
he thought it was muscle strain but now he's convinced it's an organ. Could
this be liver or pancreas mets?  He had a chest CT and   abdomen/pelvis MRI
October 25 that didn't show anything.  He is due for more chemo tomorrow.  We
had a four week break due to the low counts and platelets.  Naturally we will
ask our onc about it although I just don't want to hear bad news before the
New Year.  I was so hoping to enter some kind of trial soon.  We have been
dreading mets.  Any thoughts?  Many thanks.  Bess