Re: Re: [MOL] Thalidomide [00681] Medicine On Line

Re: Re: [MOL] Thalidomide

Dear Chris:
   Thanks for answering.   What kind of cancer does your father have?  Tom
has NSCLC which is very resistant to chemo.  The carbo/taxol did nothing as
far as I can tell.  Now he's trying gezmar/carbo but is taking it so
infrequently due to WBC counts and low platelets that I'm very worried about
spread.  I initially mentioned thalidomide but our doctor was dubious about
it.  It also causes neuropathy (the reason Tom had to stop taxol) and
sleepliness.  We are looking for a trial in the coming year.  Many thanks and
have a wonderful holiday.  Bess