Re: RE: [MOL] Luiza REply ! - June [00613] Medicine On Line

Re: RE: [MOL] Luiza REply ! - June

Dear June:
     I can't understand about the vitamin business and cancer either.  I do
know that a researcher at Sloan Kettering found increased levels of Vitamin C
in cancer cells.  If you go to their page you will probably find the
reference.  So their official position is to eat fruit and vegetables but NOT
take vitamin supplements.  We do a lot with Chinese herbs.  The Chinese docs
have all assured me it would help the chemo and lessen the side effects.
Since the first 5 rounds of taxol/carbo basically didn't work for my husband
I always have this nagging suspicion that the herbs might have countered
their full effectiveness.  Who knows anything for sure in this crazy battle.
I also read recently that in Taiwan they've decided drinking too much tea
greatly increases the risk of bladder cancer.  Give me a break!  In that case
why doesn't everyone in Japan have bladder cancer?.  Still muddling along.
Have a happy holiday.  Bess
PS  Just got a case of Florida grapefruits and oranges for Christmas.  I seem
to remember something very early when I first joined the group about
grapefruits being bad for people on chemo.  Can't imagine why.  If anyone
remembers anything about this, please let me know as the grapefruits are
delicious and I hate to give them away.  Many thanks.  Bess