[MOL] Everything will be alright... [00604] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Everything will be alright...

You know, he almost didn't see the old lady, stranded on the side of the
+AD4-road.  But even in the dim light of day, he could see she needed help.  So
+AD4-he
+AD4-pulled up in front of her Mercedes and got out.  His Pontiac was still
+AD4-sputtering when he  approached her.   Even with the smile on his face, she
+AD4-was worried.    No one had stopped to help for the last hour or so.   Was
he
+AD4-
+AD4-going to hurt her?   He didn't look safe, he looked poor and hungry.
+AD4-
+AD4-He could see that she was frightened, standing out there in the cold.   He
+AD4-knew how she felt.  It was that chill which only fear can put in you.  He
+AD4-said, +ACI-I'm here to help you ma'am.  Why don't you wait in the car where
it's
+AD4-
+AD4-warm?   By the way, my name is Bryan.+ACI-
+AD4-
+AD4-Well, all she had was a flat tire, but for an old lady, that was bad
enough.
+AD4-
+AD4- Bryan crawled under the car looking for a place  to put the jack, skinning
+AD4-his knuckles a time or two.  Soon he was able to change the tire.  But he
+AD4-had
+AD4-to get dirty and his hands hurt.   As he was tightening up the lug nuts,
she
+AD4-
+AD4-rolled down the window and began to talk to him.  She told him that she was
+AD4-from St. Louis and was only just passing through.   She couldn't thank him
+AD4-enough for coming to her aid.
+AD4-
+AD4-Bryan just smiled as he closed her trunk.  She asked him how much she owed
+AD4-him.  Any amount would have been all right with her.   She had already
+AD4-imagined all the awful things that could have happened had he not  stopped.
+AD4-
+AD4-Bryan never thought twice about the money.  This was not a job to him. This
+AD4-was helping someone in need, and God knows there were plenty who had given
+AD4-him a hand+AD4- +AD4APg- +AD4APg- +AD4APg- +AD4- in the past...  He had lived his whole life that
way,
+AD4-
+AD4-and it never occurred to him to act any other way.
+AD4-
+AD4-He told her that if she really wanted to pay him back, the next time she
saw
+AD4- someone who needed help, she could give that person the assistance that
+AD4-they
+AD4- needed, and Bryan added +ACI-...and think of me+ACI-.  He waited until she started
+AD4-her car and drove off.  It had been a cold and depressing day, but he felt
+AD4-good as he headed for home, disappearing into the twilight.
+AD4-
+AD4-A few miles down the road the lady saw a small cafe.  She went in to grab a
+AD4-bite to eat, and take the chill off before she made the last leg of her
trip
+AD4-
+AD4-home. It was a dingy looking restaurant.  Outside were two old gas pumps.
+AD4-The whole scene was unfamiliar to her.   The cash register was like the
+AD4-telephone of an out of work actor-it didn't ring much.
+AD4-
+AD4-Her waitress came over and brought a clean towel to wipe her wet hair.  She
+AD4-had a sweet smile, one that even being on her feet for the whole day
+AD4-couldn't
+AD4-erase.   The lady noticed that the waitress was nearly eight months
+AD4-pregnant,
+AD4-but she never let the strain and aches change her attitude.  The old lady
+AD4-wondered how someone who had so little could be so giving to a stranger.
+AD4-Then she remembered Bryan.
+AD4-
+AD4-After the lady finished her meal,  and the waitress went to get change for
+AD4-her hundred dollar bill, the lady slipped right out the door.   She was
gone
+AD4-
+AD4-by the time the waitress came back.
+AD4-
+AD4-The waitress wondered where the lady could be, then she noticed something
+AD4-written on the napkin under which was four +ACQ-100 bills.  There were tears in
+AD4-her eyes when she read what the lady wrote.
+AD4-
+AD4-It said: +ACI-You don't owe me anything, I have been there too.  Somebody nice
+AD4-helped me out, the way I'm helping you.  If you really want to pay me back,
+AD4-here is what you do:   Do not let this chain of love end with you.+ACI-
+AD4-
+AD4-Well, there were tables to clear, sugar bowls to fill, and people to serve,
+AD4-but the waitress made it through another day.  That night when she got home
+AD4-from work and climbed into bed, she was thinking about the money and what
+AD4-the
+AD4-lady had written.  How could the lady have known how much she and her
+AD4-husband
+AD4-needed it?   With the baby due next month, it was going to be hard.  She
+AD4-knew
+AD4-how worried her husband was, and as he lay sleeping  next to her, she  gave
+AD4-him a soft kiss and whispered soft and low,  +ACI-Everything's gonna be all
+AD4-right+ADs- I love you, Bryan.+ACI-
+AD4-
+AD4-Today, I sent you this story, now I am asking you to pass it on...
+AD4-Let this light shine.  Don't put it under a basket.  Please pass this on to
+AD4-a
+AD4-friend