[MOL] Golf Universe November 29 Newsletter [00838] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Golf Universe November 29 Newsletter

Title: Golf Universe: New for '99
LCS Group, Inc.
GolfUniverse Home Page
QuickSearch By Course Name
Sign Up Now
Pro Services
GU ONLINE PRO SHOP
GU YELLOW PAGES
MARKETING SERVICES
GU INTERNET SERVICE
On The Links
SPECIFIC SEARCH
GEOGRAPHIC SEARCH
HOLE IN ONE SOCIETY
TOP 100 GOLF COURSES
COURSE REVIEWS
UPDATE/ADD A COURSE
Newsletter Central
GOLF UNIVERSE
NEWSLETTER
GOLF AND TRAVEL
NEWSLETTER
NATIONAL GOLFER
NEWSLETTER
The Clubhouse
FANTASY GOLF
GOLF NEWS
PLAYERS CLUB
OPEN FORUM
FREE SOFTWARE
A TO Z GOLFER'S DICTIONARY
GOLF GAMES
GOLF JOKES!
GOLF TIPS
SURPRISING GOLF FACTS
TIMELINE OF GOLF
FREE LINKS PAGE
MEMBER HOME AREA
Company Info
ABOUT US
CONTACT US
INVESTMENT INFO
PRESS RELEASES
STOCK INFORMATION
JOIN THE YELLOW PAGES

Advertise On GolfUniverse
Win a round of golf with Fuzzy Zoeller
Win a Free Driver
Visit our Member Home Area
Link to Golf Universe!
Play Online - Win Prizes
100% Opt-In
FreeLabels
Join the American Singles Golf Association for the Millennium

 Newsletter
-
GolfUniverse Newsletter
November 29, 1999

Greetings Golf Enthusiasts,

Welcome to the November 29, 1999 edition of the Golf Universe Newsletter. With over 500,000 subscribers, Golf Universe is one of the Internet's leading FREE golf newsletters. Feel free to forward this newsletter to your interested associates. If you have any thoughts or comments, please send them to info@golfuniverse.com.

For information about subscribing and un-subscribing, please scroll to the bottom of the newsletter.

Win A Round Of Golf With
Fuzzy Zoeller

You and two of your golfing partners could win a round of golf with PGA Pro golfer Fuzzy Zoeller!
We'll fly your group -- and spouses -- to Fuzzy's home course at Covered Bridge in Sellersburg, Indiana, where you'll enjoy a 3-day, 2-night stay at a hotel in Louisville, KY, with round-trip transfers between the Louisville, KY airport included. And you'll enjoy a free round of golf with Fuzzy! Enter Now To Win!

Also donít forget to download your FREE GolfMaster 32
Your Personal/Foursome golf score keeper
(Plus Quick Reference Of Golf Rules)
Right Here!

WORLD GOLF TOUR, SPONSORED BY FILA LICENSEE, RENAISSANCE GOLF PRODUCTS, INC., ANNOUNCES 1999 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS

Salt Lake City. World Golf Tour, sponsored by FILA licensee, Renaissance Golf Products (OTCBB Symbol: FGLF), Inc. is proud to honor David Prevatt as the 1999 Millionaire FILA World Golf Tour National Champion. Prevatt shot a net 140.8 for the two-day event that was contested on the El Campeon course at Mission Inn Resort in Howey-in-the-Hills, FL.

Prevatt, a Florida resident, carries a handicap index of 23.6 and had previously competed in 24 World Golf Tour tournaments. First runner-up Rich Ashley, a Washington resident with a 17.6 handicap index, shot a net 145.4. Top amateur for the 1999 National Championship was Utah resident Mike Godette who recorded a net 146.6. Godette plays to a 13.0 handicap index.

72 golfers competed November 2nd and 3rd for the title of World Golf Tour National Champion. The FILA World Golf Tour is reported to be the largest ``mini-tour'' in the world and is operated by Renaissance Golf Products, Inc. The championships signified the end of a season that featured over 400 World Golf Tour tournaments. FILA World Golf Tour uses a proprietary computerized scoring system that many feel has virtually eliminated the practice of "sandbagging" in its sanctioned tour events.

The field for the Millionaire-FILA World Golf Tour National Championships was comprised of top finishers, both amateurs and non-amateurs, from eight regional championships (held throughout the United States during the first two weeks of October).

Participants in the National Championship were awarded an assortment of cash, prizes and privileges that carried a retail value in excess of $150,000. In addition to the actual tournament, the National Championship also featured a $1 million hole-in-one competition for a select group of qualifiers.

The following is a complete list of the Top 10 finishers (name, score, and home state):

David Prevatt 140.8 Florida
Rich Ashley 145.4 Washington
Mike Godette 146.6 Utah
Ray Osowski 148.2 Illinois
Ricky Deshay 148.7 Texas
John Lint 149.2 Alabama
Larry Golden 150.0 Louisiana
Brian Thornquist 151.4 Missouri
Joe Conners 151.5 Texas
Brad Glore 152.0 Missouri

***

This press release includes statements which may constitute forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. To the extent that this news release includes predictions of the Companyís future performance or discloses the expectations of management of the Company as to such performance, such statements are forward-looking statements. For example, a downturn in general economic conditions, adverse developments in the golf industry, unforeseen costs associated with the Companyís operations, unanticipated problems with order delays by the Companyís vendors, or the failure of presently anticipated funding sources to continue, among other possibilities, could cause these forward-looking statements to prove to be incorrect. In light of the assumptions and uncertainties inherent in forward-looking information, the inclusion of such information should not be regarded as a representation by the Company or any other person that the plans of the Company will be realized or that the trends in financial results will continue.

Living the Dream
By Eric Fowkes

As I teed it up on the 18th hole, I knew if I made par I could win. Dogleg left, about 500 yards, bunkers on the right side of the fairway and trees all down the left. The pressure was intense. I had been playing well but had one disastrous hole on the back nine that cut my safety margin to nothing. Par or better was the only way. I had the honors and the 3 other players in my group were mumbling words of encouragement, even though one of them was in the race for first along with me. One of the other players said, "Just keep it in the fairway". WHAT? The kiss of death! NEVER say that to someone who MUST keep it in the fairway!

Continued...

How To Improve Your Golf

Mental Tip Contributed by Michael Anthony
(www.mentalkeys.com)

A fast and easy way to improve your golf is to control your emotions because they affect your brainís chemistry and performance.

First, you begin by asking yourself, "How strong is my desire to improve?" The strength of desire necessary to improve is in direct proportion to the degree of success you wish to attain. If you desire to be the best golfer in the world, you need to have the strongest desire. On the other hand, if you only want to be average, you only need an average desire. So start by deciding if you really desire to improve your golf and are willing to put forth the effort to get better.

Continued...

Hand and Wrist Injuries in Golf

© Rob Mottram PT ATC 99

If you stop and think about it, the hands and wrist are probably the busiest parts of our body. Imagine trying to go through an entire day without using your hands. In the golf game the hands and wrists are very important with their connection to the golf club. While the fingers and hands grip the club, the wrists help place the club in the correct position through out the swing. Difficulty in proper gripping or wrist movement can create poor results in club placement and therefore ball flight. Because of the frequency of hand and wrist use, on and off the golf course, problems may develop that inhibit playing well and pain free.

Continued...

Stop the double standard - College athletes should get paid

By JOE FRISARO
UsFANS Managing Editor
http://www.usfans.com

Lost in the commotion of college football's rivalry weekend was this benchmark bit of news: "CBS locks up NCAA Tournament for $6.2 billion."

Shows how numb we've become to the rising economics of sports when multi-billion dollar contracts don't even make front-page headlines. Still, you can't bury the facts here, folks.

Continued...

Enter to WIN your choice of a free Callaway or Taylor Made Driver!
For more details, visit: http://www.golfuniverse.com/egolf/

Advertising Opportunities in the Golf Universe Newsletter

Sign up to receive our free online newsletters!

Golf Universe Newsletter
Turnstile's Golf & Travel Newsletter
National Golf Research Institute Newsletter

They're Free!

Back

GolfUniverse.com is a wholly owned subsidiary of LCS Golf. For investing information click here.

Copyright © GolfUniverse Inc., 1999
All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement.