[MOL] Chicken Soup of the Day! [00820] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Chicken Soup of the Day!

Title:

Have some chicken soup
and get well soon.

Get Well Get Well

The Sandbox

One day, when I was five, I went to a local park with my mom. While I was playing in the sandbox, I noticed a boy about my age in a wheelchair. I went over to him and asked if he could play. Since I was only five, I couldn’t understand why he couldn’t just get in the sandbox and play with me. He told me he couldn’t. I talked to him for a while longer, then I took my large bucket, scooped up as much sand as I could and dumped it into his lap. Then I grabbed some toys and put them in his lap, too.

My mom rushed over and said, "Lucas, why did you do that?"

I looked at her and replied, "He couldn’t play in the sandbox with me, so I brought the sand to him. Now we can play in the sand together."

By Lucas Parker, age 11
from Chicken Soup for the Kid’s Soul
Copyright 1998 by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Patty Hansen and Irene Dunlap
Get Well

Warmly, lillian

Soup Bowl.GIF

Chicken Soup Bkgrd.gif