Re: [MOL] re : HTLV-1Reply [00814] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] re : HTLV-1Reply

Hi and welcome to our wonderful forum.  Here is the information you
requested.  Your friend, lillian

What diseases are associated with HTLV-I and HTLV-II infection?
HTLV-I has been definitively associated with 2 diseases: adult T-cell
leukemia/lymphoma (ATL) and HTLV-I-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic
paraparesis (HAM/TSP). However, most infected persons are asymptomatic.
HTLV-II has not been etiologically linked with any disease, although an
increasing number of case reports and a few cross-sectional studies suggest
an association with several conditions, of which spastic paraparesis is the
most commonly reported.

http://www.statepi.jhsph.edu/wihs/info/htlvinf.html

http://www.righto.com/theories/virus_rel.html

Warmly, lillian