[MOL] Glioblastoma treatment [00805] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Glioblastoma treatment

Dear Sirs,

My brother has recently been diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme
following surgery to remove the tumour on his left lobe. He is due to
undergo radiotherapy in 5 weeks time. From all the literature we have
read to date there is no new encouraging treatment with the exception of
Gliadel wafter. Is our understanding correct - please can you advise.
His prognosis is less than year.

When is Gliadel likely to be licensed for use in the U.K.

Can Gliadel be used in newly diagnosed sufferers and if not why not.

As Gliadel is already licensed in France is there any way we would be
able to obtain treatment there and if so how.

Yours gratefully

Usha Panchal