Re: [MOL] Question/Sharon from Nanc ():-) [00764] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Question/Sharon from Nanc ():-)

Hi Sharon,
Yes that is a normal sympton to have the back and hip pain for bone cancer,
My hubby has to go to have a bone scan tomorrow cause he has been having
awful pain in the hip and lower back, he can't walk very far without it
hurting him just awful.
He started with sclc in March 24, 2998, went into remission Sept. 24, 1999.
He also just started this god awful cough that he can't stop once he starts,
so now he is on predisone, vicidon, antiboitic, lasix, potessum, heart pill,
aspiran a day, and a nerve pill.  He in July had been collecting to much
fluid on the heart and lungs so they doubled his potissum and lasix, his
chest xray last week shows the same amount of fluid but not more, so he is
holding his own there.
Later this week or next he has to go for anothe lung scan for another bisopy
to see what may be causing the coughing.
All in all you would not be able to tell being around him that he is sick, he
is a very happy go lucky person, and loves to joke around and have fun, most
of the time very easy going.  He does get to be a real bear when he isn't
feeling well enough to do what he wants to do.
He has always had a lot of fight in him and said from the start that he would
beat this cancer.  He also seems to be able to tolerate a lot of pain.
We believe in God and the power of prayer.
If ever I can help you in any way that I can just ask.
Love, hugs & prayers to you and yours,
Nanc 60 & Don 74, from Michigan ():-)

In a message dated 11/28/1999 7:03:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,