Re: [MOL] re throat [00763] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] re throat

Dear Tracy,
I am a nurse here in Australia. Please tell your friend that you are
concerned, and offer to go to the doctor with him. He needs to have a
full check-up and a chest x-ray. Could be that he just has a naturally
'husky' voice and the smoking has made it worse. However, if it was
throat cancer, he would have a very good chance of a cure IF they get it
early. The same goes for lung cancer. Burying one's head in the sand,
unfortunately will only make things worse, rather than better. Good
luck, and let us know how you get on.
:) Mam