Re: [MOL] Acute Myleogenous Leukemia, level 5/Reply [00719] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Acute Myleogenous Leukemia, level 5/Reply

Hi, it is stage 5.  Also here is an article I just sent, hope it helps.
Your friend, lillian
Warmly, lillian
Busulfex Injection Available In The U.S. For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia

----

----

MINNEAPOLIS, MN -- Feb. 23, 1999 -- Orphan Medical, Inc.'s Busulfex(TM)
(busulfan) Injection is now available in the United States for use in
combination with cyclophosphamide as a conditioning regimen prior to
allogeneic hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation for chronic
myelogenous leukemia (CML).

Orphan Medical also announced that Tzamal Pharma LTD has the right to
distribute Busulfex in Israel. A privately owned company, Tzamal Pharma
markets and distributes orphan drugs in Israel.

The most common adverse events in patients treated with Busulfex include
profound myelosuppression in 100 percent of patients, nausea (97 percent,
mild/moderate in 92 percent), stomatitis (97 percent, grade III in 26
percent), vomiting (95 percent, all mild/moderate) and anorexia (85
percent). The type of adverse events seen with Busulfex did not differ from
those seen with oral busulfan in the transplant setting.

Warmly, lillian

more....

more....