Re: [MOL] what is presidone and what is it used for? [00683] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] what is presidone and what is it used for?

Hi Dottie,
Predisone is a steriod, and has many side effects.  My hubby was just put on
it, and he started out at 30mg, a day for 5 days, then 20mg for 5 days and on
down until he is weaned off.  He has small cell lung cancer that is in
remission but has some side effects of scar tissue left over from the
radiation.  Many people here can tell you all the ins and outs of Predisone,
and our Lil has been on it for a very long time.  I was on it for over a year
for my Lupus.  It does do wonders to help you live a somewhat normal life.
Good Luck and If I can be of any further help I am only a question away.
Happy Holidays to you and your family and God Bless,
Nanc ():-)
In a message dated 11/23/1999 6:58:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,