Re: [MOL] COLON CANCER/Reply [00644] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] COLON CANCER/Reply

My mother was diagnosed with colon cancer about a year ago.  It was
icredibly terrifying for the both of us (she is a single mother and I her
only child).  She had a tumor in her bowel removed (after it had burst) and
was in intensive care for two weeks.  She has recovered fine from her
surgery.  She underwent 6 months of chemotherapy, which, granted, made her a
little sick, but not to the extent we had expected.  She is doing
wonderfully now!  She just went in for tests which did show signs of
trouble, but everything has been checked out and the evidence is that she
has no cancer.

I thought she was going to die during those days in the ICU.  I guess what
I'm trying to say is that "it ain't over til it's over".  Be positive...it's
the only thing that will keep her sane.

Andrea :0)