Re: [MOL] Joicy! [00596] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Joicy!

Dear Joicy...well..I did it..I now look like G.I. Jane...LoL...(Demi Moore has
nothing on me tho) My ex-sister-in-law trimmed me right down to the wood. Not as
bad as I thought it would be. Tomorrow at work will be a bit strained tho I
think. People are just now dealing with the fact that I had cancer..now this. A
young girl at work said something to me as well that made me think. She told me
I should wear the bald head proudly...it is a statement of bravery and the fact
that I am a cancer survivor. I guess maybe once I get over the initial sudden
baldness then it will be easier. As you said, this was at MY hands..not the
cancer. Altho, like you, I kinda look forward to not having to shampoo, blow
dry, style....etc..etc. It won't take as much to get ready for work in the
mornings.

Your daughter is a very smart person. So true what she said. We have enough to
worry about. We don't need to worry about something else that is out of our
control. Who knows, I may set a new trend at work. There is another woman I work
with who has lost her hair as well. We will declare a "bald day"..LoL

How long after the soreness did your's all fall out? I can't believe how sore
this is. Will it be like this each time after chemo or is this just because of
the initial hair fallling out thing?
I have heard it ocmes back bigger and better so I am looking forward to that. I
am thankful that I have a boyfriend who has no problem having a bald girlfriend.
As a matter of fact, he insisted that I go ahead and shave my head.

Thank you so much for the words of wisdom. I will let you know how it goes
tomorrow.

Love
Diane