[MOL] Kaposi's Sarcoma!!! [00533] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Kaposi's Sarcoma!!!

To all Moler’s:

An update on my father-in-law’s condition and possible treatment.

My dermatologist and general physician have gotten together to discussed my
father-in-law’s condition and possible treatment.  They feel it would be
better that he undergo Chermo and not radiation at this time.

The Chemo will give him 1-3 years before the Kaposi’s Sarcoma may come back.
  The real question is can an 83 year old with Heart problem,  some Kidney
limitations,  vein problems in the leg and arthritis handle this drug.  He
is already on nine different drugs to deal with his current problems.

They feel he should take Taxol.  Is anyone familiar with this drug and do
you have any experience with it? In particular with some one with these
problem and advanced age. He is almost 83.  We have a meeting with the
radiation oncologist to get his view on this subject as well.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Madge