Re: [MOL] adenocarcinoma of small intestine [00406] Medicine On Line


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [MOL] adenocarcinoma of small intestine



Hi Margie!  Glad I could help.  Yes!  Do the visiualizations.  My mom does
one where she pictures herself with a watering hose (because she loves to
garden) and she hoses out her entire body from head to toe and neutralizes
the cancer through ehr feet into the ground.  Hey, her cancer is shrinking
so maybe that had something to do with it?  My mom currently is doing very
well.  She was diagnosed in 8/99.  She is currently in her 2nd round of
chemo treatmnets.  Her first round was 5 days in a row of the 5FU.  She is
now taking Gezmar as a 1/2 hour infusion 1x weekly.  She is less tired on
the Gezmar than with the 5FU.  The infections she had were 2 urinary tract
infections and a yeast infection in her mouth and under her arms.  She is
eating better and even gaind 5 lbs in the past 2 weeks!  Her infections
required hospitalizations but I believe that was because she experienced
symptoms and didn't tell anyone for days until it got really bad and we
noticed it.  I think she's somewhat in the denial stage of having cancer
because she's never been sick.  I really think had she pointed out the side
effects early, she may not have needed hospitalization.  I'll keep you in
my prayers and if you need anything, just holler!  Your friend, Joy


At 01:53 PM 11/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Joy!
>Thanks for your response to my message.  I hope your mom is doing well. 
>When was she diagnosed and how long does she have to have to have
>treatments for?  When you say she got 3 infections -- what kind of
>infections and where.  Did she need hospitalization?  Yes, both the
>doctor and nurse told me I probably won't lose my hair, maybe some
>thinning out of it.  That's okay.  Some say this is mind over matter also
>so I'm going to try to visualize wonderful things going into my body to
>make me better than ever.  
>
>Thanks for taking time for me.  I will keep you and your mom in my
>prayers.  Talk to you soon.
>
>Margie
>
>On Sun, 07 Nov 1999 15:46:58 -0500 Joy Ann Reckley
><teejoy@mindspring.com> writes:
>> 
>> Hi Margie!  I guess you could say that in this life we all have a 
>> 50/50
>> chance whether we have cancer or not.  Seems like you have a 
>> positive
>> attitude about it and that's what's important.  My mom has 
>> adenocarcinoma
>> of the liver and was treated with the 5FU and Leucovorin.  She had 
>> some
>> difficulty with ehr white blood cell count going to low and she had 
>> 3
>> infections.  However, this combo showed a decrease in her 
>> cancer...t-cell
>> count.  The Leucovorin enhances the effects of the 5FU.  Some things 
>> to
>> watch out for... sore throat, extreme fatique, and sore legs.  
>> That's what
>> my mom experienced for a short time but now she is walking better 
>> and
>> eating much better.  Everyone's different and I really believe if 
>> she
>> wouldn't have gotten the infections she actually had no trouble with 
>> the
>> treatments themselves.  Also, hair loss is minimal with the 5FU.  If 
>> I can
>> do anything to help you out, please let me know. I'll keep you in my
>> prayers.  Your new friend, Joy
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> At 02:05 PM 11/7/99 -0500, you wrote:
>> >Hi!  I am new to this forum and newly diagnosed with adenocarcinoma 
>> of
>> >the small intestine.  I had surgery on 10/21 to remove the tumor 
>> which
>> >was a stage II because it had advanced into mesentery tissue right
>> >outside of the intestinal wall.  The tissue was removed along with 
>> 16
>> >lymph nodes which were cancer free.  I was very happy about this 
>> and am
>> >surprised that my doctors still seem kind of grim.  I am going to 
>> start
>> >chemo treatments (even though as far as we know, as of this day, I 
>> am
>> >cancer free) because of it going outside of the wall.  I will have
>> >treatment 1X a week for 24 weeks.  I was told that this is a rare 
>> type of
>> >cancer and that they do not have much data on it and it will 
>> therefore be
>> >treated as a colon cancer.  My chemo will be 5FU and Leucovorin.  
>> If
>> >anyone has any thoughts, info, suggestions or idea as to why my 
>> doctor
>> >says I have only a 50/50 chance - please let me know.  Thanks and 
>> God
>> >Bless.
>> >
>> >Margie
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be 
>> removed
>> >from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion 
>> Forum
>> >at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
>> >majordomo@lists.meds.com
>> >with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing 
>> the line:
>> >unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
>> >where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual 
>> email
>> >address.
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >
>>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be 
>> removed
>> from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion 
>> Forum
>> at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
>> majordomo@lists.meds.com
>> with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing 
>> the line:
>> unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
>> where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual 
>> email
>> address.
>>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be removed
>from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion Forum
>at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
>majordomo@lists.meds.com
>with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the line:
>unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
>where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email
>address.
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be removed
from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion Forum
at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
majordomo@lists.meds.com
with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the line:
unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email
address.
------------------------------------------------------------------------