Re: [MOL] My Mother=Fannie Auslander [00365] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] My Mother=Fannie Auslander

Hi Marty,
Your mother was a lucky woman to have you as her son. May she rest in peace
and look over your shoulder as you help your wife. My most positive thoughts
Regards,
red-eye

At 07:56 AM 11/7/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Good Morning,
>
>Yesterday I received a phone message to call my Brother in Chicago. I,
>then took the phone, went into the bathroom, closed the door and called
>him. He told me. She was gone. Just like that. I knew for weeks she was
>ill. she had a number of complications notwithstanding a liver
>malignancy for which I frantically tried to send messages to Gary,my
>Brother to advise that she can reverse this condition. My dilemma
>was.....I could not be with her or with my Brother to support or provide
>at least the possibility for one more quality day and the hope that I
>could be with her, to hug her, to kiss her one more time. That I will
>have to live with....My wife does not know and she will not know of this
>as I am trying to help her deal with a recurrence of cancer. The stress
>of her knowing would exacerbate that condition. I know my wife.
>
>This is a time to reflect on the person, the woman..Fannie Auslander. A
>woman who loved life, her husband of some 60 years, her two sons, Gary
>and I and her Grandchildren. She was a person of strong will, superb
>moral values, a dedicated follower of her religion, Judaism, and a
>believer in the strong fibers of family ties. She was loved by all and
>all that I knew that knew her, loved her. She was an extrovert who was
>opinionated and I learned from her. I learned the basic differences
>between right and wrong and the reasoning behind that. It is to her
>legacy and testament that her two sons became professionals in business
>and whom loved both her and her husband, our Father who passed away 5
>years ago. Ironically they were both 86 years old and both passed away
>on "Shabat" (the Sabath). So, we lift our glasses now and we sing to her
>memory, the love and adoration for which she so richly deserved and we
>symbolically sit "Shiva" mourners week in prayer and reflection of one
>who left us with the faith that life is love.
>
>I know many of you, who are my family, my friends, my dear loved ones,
>would love to hug me as I would you at a time like this, but know of my
>dilemma. I can't go to funeral on Tuesday in Chicago and can't for one
>moment let on in front of Barb that our Mother is gone. But, in my heart
>I know you are hugging me and supporting our desires to provide life to
>those that need to know the purpose of living through their trials of a
>wellness journey. Mom would want that. I know that. That is my one deep
>reasoning for not feeling as guilty as I am. The fact that she knows
>that Barb needs to get well. So, thank you for listening to what I have
>to say. Thank you to those who love us and support us and please, please
>say a prayer for my Mother, my Brother and my his family and my wife.
>
>I guess the best thing I could say about my Mother is this......If you
>knew her...you would have loved her.
>
>God Bless You All,
>marty auslander

Regards,
red-eye

Assistant Director
TortoiseAid International
http://www.tortoiseaid.org
Wild Caught?  I think NOT!

Keeper of the "Herp Phile" <mailto:redeye8@flash.net>
You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed...