Re: [MOL] adenocarcinoma of small intestine [00312] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] adenocarcinoma of small intestine

Hi Margie!  I guess you could say that in this life we all have a 50/50
chance whether we have cancer or not.  Seems like you have a positive
attitude about it and that's what's important.  My mom has adenocarcinoma
of the liver and was treated with the 5FU and Leucovorin.  She had some
difficulty with ehr white blood cell count going to low and she had 3
infections.  However, this combo showed a decrease in her cancer...t-cell
count.  The Leucovorin enhances the effects of the 5FU.  Some things to
watch out for... sore throat, extreme fatique, and sore legs.  That's what
my mom experienced for a short time but now she is walking better and
eating much better.  Everyone's different and I really believe if she
wouldn't have gotten the infections she actually had no trouble with the
treatments themselves.  Also, hair loss is minimal with the 5FU.  If I can
do anything to help you out, please let me know. I'll keep you in my
prayers.  Your new friend, Joy