RE: [MOL] SMOKE OUT DAY DUSTI? [00188] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] SMOKE OUT DAY DUSTI?

Hi Kelly:  I have lung cancer and smoked from the time I was 14 until I
was 40 without stopping.  Once I hit 40 I tried all kinds of things to
stop.  I also tried the patch but I loved the dreams.  They were so
technicolor, and now I know what it feels like to fly like a bird.  I
never thought of those dreams as nightmares.  I eventually did stop just
before I found out that I had lung cancer at the age of 50.  I did it
with Nicorette gum but it took about 4 years.  Most of those 4 years I
would smoke on weekends and chew Nicorette during the week.  If I was
around a smoker on a weekday evening I would have 2 or 3.  There were a
few times when I had my boyfriend of the time ask people for a cigarette
on a weekday evening even when I wasn't around a smoker. I gave up
cigarettes Aug. 13, 1997 and gave up the gum on Jan. 20, 1999.  Praise
God.  Anyway my point is the type of cancer I have hits more people that
don't smoke than those that do.  That is something the public should
know.  A lot of people in the media feel that lung cancer patients bring
it upon themselves and that is not true for a lot of lung cancer
patients.  This type of mind set affects the research that is done
regarding lung cancer.  Much more money is spent on breast cancer when
lung cancer is the leading cause of death out of all the cancers.
So....I wish you luck with the quitting.

Your friend June A.