[MOL] Dealing with the emotions in cancer [00176] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Dealing with the emotions in cancer

Lil and Dusty, my GP sent me to a psychiatrist who doesn't do talk
therapy but prescribes vitamins, especially the B vitamins and other
supplements. We talked about the role of nutrition on the disease. He
believes in natural foods. Which cuts out white bread, most processed
foods and sugar! We both agreed that while I may not "beat" the disease,
I could prolong my life with good quality.  We talked and come to the
conclusion I was entitled! We discussed various ways to overcome that
feeling, reading about the experiences of cancer survivors, boning up on
my diagnosis, support groups, the internet (MOL), meditation,
vizualization, biofeedback, walking, church groups. He suited me at the
time (still does). Just talking, just my experience, Jeanne