[MOL] Breast cancer and soy [00129] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Breast cancer and soy

a couple of web sites of many on this topic. Seems to be some heavy
debate on htis topic. I found these by typing in "soy and breast cancer"
Jeanne

http://www.siu.edu/~tw3a/soybrcan.htm

http://www.ag.uiuc.edu/~stratsoy/expert/faqs/soyhealthfaq.html

Other comments:  found on this topic

This is an excellent question and one which, unfortunately, has not been
answered by research definitively. I do not recommend isolated
supplements of soy isoflavones for several reasons. One being that there
is some (although very limited) data that high doses of genistein may
promote growth of breast tumors in animals. Furthermore, soy FOODS have
several anti-cancer compounds other than just isoflavones, including
including protease inhibitors. Unfortunately, until more extensive
research is done, we just won't know the answer.

Clare M. Hasler, Ph.D.