RE: [MOL] Thanks Dusti [00112] Medicine On Line


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [MOL] Thanks Dusti



Oh, Thank you, June.  It's hard to explain how things are -- but I sort of
feel that maybe God has decided to give me some good stuff after so much bad
stuff.  Believe me, I'm not taking any of it for granted!  I've never been
particularly religious before -- but SOMETHING is definitely going on, and
it's awesome!  LOL  Love, Kathy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
[mailto:owner-mol-cancer@lists.meds.com]On Behalf Of Argila, June
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 1999 1:27 PM
To: 'mol-cancer@lists.meds.com'
Subject: RE: [MOL] Thanks Dusti


Kath:  You are an inspiration.  Your friend June A.

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Kathy Corrigan [SMTP:kcorrigan@chgw.com]
> Sent:	Wednesday, November 03, 1999 3:18 PM
> To:	'mol-cancer@lists.meds.com'
> Subject:	RE: [MOL] Thanks Dusti
> 
> Dear Andrea:  My name is Kathy Corrigan, and I am a two year small
> cell lung
> cancer survivor.  I don't get online much anymore, as life has become
> a
> little more complicated for me than it was -- all in a good way.  I do
> agree
> with you, though.  This disease HAS hurt so many good people!  On the
> other
> hand, it has brought many good people together, and has added strength
> and a
> new dimension to many lives.  I hope this makes some sense to you.
> Before I
> became ill, I was in sort of a coccoon.  I was unhappy in my marriage,
> but
> not willing to move -- to do anything about it.  I was sort of
> plodding
> along, not really dealing with anything, and not really living at all.
> When
> I received the diagnosis -- which was fairly grim -- I sunk into a
> deep
> depression initially.  Not only that, but the chemo made me horribly
> sick --
> worse than anything I had ever imagined.  Strangely, though, after
> about two
> chemo treatments, things began to change.  I was still very sick, but
> somehow I knew I was going to get well -- I just knew it -- and I made
> up my
> mind that I wasn't going to waste any more of my life -- ever again!!!
> My
> husband was unfaithful to me during my treatments.  I guess he didn't
> appreciate a bald wife.  He also drank to excess -- constantly.
> Eventually,
> I caught him in the "act," and booted him out.  We're divorced now and
> my
> younger brother lives with me in my sweet, little house with all my
> neurotic
> pets, plants, antiques, etc.  I love my life now.  I appreciate my
> friends.
> My family is even dearer to me than before, and life is certainly more
> precious.  I have also fallen in love for the first time in over
> thirty
> years.  I'm in my mid-fifties, but I'm not ready to cash it in -- not
> yet.
> I feel great physically, even though I had a double bypass in June --
> the
> result of radiation burns.  I recovered from that very quickly.  I
> work full
> time as a paralegal in a law firm, and I love my job.  Life is good.
> The
> bad stuff will pass -- I promise you!  If I can do anything at all to
> help
> you through your treatment, please let me know.  I understand -- all
> of it.
> Your friend, Kathy in Boise
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> [mailto:owner-mol-cancer@lists.meds.com]On Behalf Of Barham, Dusti #
> IHTUL
> Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 1999 12:52 PM
> To: 'mol-cancer@lists.meds.com'
> Subject: RE: [MOL] Thanks Dusti
> 
> 
> Thanks Andrea, that was a nice letter.  I also wanted to say that
> before all
> of this, I don't think I was a 'deeply' religious person either.  I've
> read
> that God uses 'suffering' as a way to pull people back to him and
> maybe
> that's what happened to me.  Anyway, I hope you continue to stay on
> this
> forum for a while and hopefully we can deal with all of this together.
> 
> Regards
> 
> Dusti
> 
> > ----------
> > From: 	Andrea Deschenes[SMTP:andreadeschenes@hotmail.com]
> > Reply To: 	mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> > Sent: 	Wednesday, November 03, 1999 1:25 PM
> > To: 	mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> > Subject: 	Re: [MOL] Thanks Dusti
> > 
> > Dusti,
> > 
> > Thanks for telling me your story.  I do feel alone all the time but
> I
> > agree 
> > with you--this forum really does help.  At first when I started
> reading
> > all 
> > theses stories (of others just like me) trying to cope, I would cry.
> I
> > felt 
> > so bad that this disease has hurt so many people.  Now, I find I
> still
> > well 
> > up with tears, however, I learn from the things being shared.
> > 
> > I love that people here are not just "other people" but friends who
> offer 
> > support.  I greatly appreciate yours.
> > 
> > I wanted to tell you that I too, have started praying.  I'm not a
> deeply 
> > religious person, but I know someone is up there looking down upon
> me.
> > 
> > I hope things are not too rough for you at home (with such a full
> house), 
> > and I wish you all the luck.
> > 
> > Thanks again and take care,
> > Andrea
> > 
> > ______________________________________________________
> > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
> >
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> > This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be
> removed
> > from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion
> Forum
> > at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
> > majordomo@lists.meds.com
> > with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing
> the
> > line:
> > unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
> > where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual
> email
> > address.
> >
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> > 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be
> removed
> from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion
> Forum
> at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
> majordomo@lists.meds.com
> with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the
> line:
> unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
> where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email
> address.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> 
> 
> **********************NOTICE****************************
> DO NOT read, copy or disseminate this 
> communication unless you are the intended addressee.
> This e-mail communication contains confidential
> and/or privileged information intended only for the
> addressee.  If you have received this communication
> in error, please call us (collect) immediately at
> (208) 344-7811 and ask to speak to the sender.  Also,
> please e-mail the sender to notify him/her immediately
> that you have received the communication in error.
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be
> removed
> from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion
> Forum
> at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
> majordomo@lists.meds.com
> with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the
> line:
> unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
> where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email
> address.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be removed
from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion Forum
at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
majordomo@lists.meds.com
with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the line:
unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email
address.
------------------------------------------------------------------------


**********************NOTICE****************************
DO NOT read, copy or disseminate this 
communication unless you are the intended addressee.
This e-mail communication contains confidential
and/or privileged information intended only for the
addressee.  If you have received this communication
in error, please call us (collect) immediately at
(208) 344-7811 and ask to speak to the sender.  Also,
please e-mail the sender to notify him/her immediately
that you have received the communication in error.


------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be removed
from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion Forum
at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
majordomo@lists.meds.com
with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the line:
unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email
address.
------------------------------------------------------------------------