RE: [MOL] Thanks Dusti [00106] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] Thanks Dusti

Dear Andrea:  My name is Kathy Corrigan, and I am a two year small cell lung
cancer survivor.  I don't get online much anymore, as life has become a
little more complicated for me than it was -- all in a good way.  I do agree
with you, though.  This disease HAS hurt so many good people!  On the other
hand, it has brought many good people together, and has added strength and a
new dimension to many lives.  I hope this makes some sense to you.  Before I
became ill, I was in sort of a coccoon.  I was unhappy in my marriage, but
not willing to move -- to do anything about it.  I was sort of plodding
along, not really dealing with anything, and not really living at all.  When
I received the diagnosis -- which was fairly grim -- I sunk into a deep
depression initially.  Not only that, but the chemo made me horribly sick --
worse than anything I had ever imagined.  Strangely, though, after about two
chemo treatments, things began to change.  I was still very sick, but
somehow I knew I was going to get well -- I just knew it -- and I made up my
mind that I wasn't going to waste any more of my life -- ever again!!!  My
husband was unfaithful to me during my treatments.  I guess he didn't
appreciate a bald wife.  He also drank to excess -- constantly.  Eventually,
I caught him in the "act," and booted him out.  We're divorced now and my
younger brother lives with me in my sweet, little house with all my neurotic
pets, plants, antiques, etc.  I love my life now.  I appreciate my friends.
My family is even dearer to me than before, and life is certainly more
precious.  I have also fallen in love for the first time in over thirty
years.  I'm in my mid-fifties, but I'm not ready to cash it in -- not yet.
I feel great physically, even though I had a double bypass in June -- the
result of radiation burns.  I recovered from that very quickly.  I work full
time as a paralegal in a law firm, and I love my job.  Life is good.  The
bad stuff will pass -- I promise you!  If I can do anything at all to help
you through your treatment, please let me know.  I understand -- all of it.
Your friend, Kathy in Boise