[MOL] Andrea [00060] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Andrea

Andrea,

No I don't have cancer.  My Mom was diagnosed in July having bile duct
cancer that has spread to her liver.  I know how you feel being afraid for
your Mother.  Nothing has ever been wrong with Mom until now and I don't
like seeing her like this.  It is hard to change places with your parent.  I
don't really feel like I am the Mom now but she lives with me and I make
sure she eats and takes all of her medicine.  Dealing with the different
changes such as watching your Mom get sick or lose weight or not do the
things she used to is the toughest for me.  At first, I thought about it all
the time and I felt like the happiness of being alive had been sucked out of
me.  All I could think of was that I was going to lose her.  Many things
have helped me to cope.  Everyone is different and I'm sure you have your
own ways but here are mine:
1.  I pray every day.  I really feel like God will let me lean on him and
use his strength when I am at my weakest which sometimes is alot.  Do you
remember the poem "Footprints in the Sand"?  I remind myself of it all the
time and know in my heart that he walks with me.
2.  My husband & 4 year old son need me too.  They keep me focused on the
future as well as the present.
3.  Working has been helpful to distract me.
4.  This forum.  I can't tell you how much it has helped me read stories of
other people and how they go on every day.  It has increased my knowledge
and opened up my perspective on what 'cancer' is.

I'm sorry that you are going through this.  Somehow, we will make it
through.

Your friend,

Dusti