From: Wayne & Marianne Rose <FEARME@bigpond.com>
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
Date: Saturday, October 30, 1999 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [MOL] Jeanne/Lil!

:Psst Lil!
:How come honey is a no-no for diabetics? I don't necessarily agree with
:that one. Sugar products are not the major problem in diabetes (contrary
:to still popular opinion) fats are the problem. It used to be that
:diabetics were advised to have a high fat/no sugar diet. We all know
:that this was incorrect, but it seems to me with the new emphasis on the
:glycaemic index that people are only becoming more confused. What do you
:think?
:OH Yeah, G'DAY ALL! *grin*
:Love Mam
:Lillian wrote:
:>
:> It hasn't just happened to our dear Cree friends regarding the tolerance of
:> dietary changes, it is happening today in Japan, it already happened to
:> those in  the USA (well, the one's who have lived here awhile! eating the
:> junk food)  Also climate can play a large roll, those who live in very cold
:> climates use more sugar and fats, that is if their systems are operating in
:> order.  Ahhh, so many deep thoughts.  By the way did you know Jeanne for a
:> diabetic, honey is a no no.  I too love honey; especially if I have a cold;
:> but it isn't the sweets that are my downfall, it is BREAD!  How sad, now I
:> can only have ONE SLICE OF BREAD A DAY !  I would think I should be
:> shriveling up; but no, only our dear sweet thin Kathy looses the weight for
:> me.  Darn, they should lock her up and throw the key away.  Did you get that
:> Kathy?  Making sure your on your toes there kiddo.
:>
:> Warmly, lillian
:>
:> We invite you to take a look at our Album.
:> www.angelfire.com/sc/molangels/index.html
:>
:>   ( Very informational, good tips, Molers pictures, art work and much
:> more....
:>