Re: [MOL] Diane [01184] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Diane

Hi Deb..how are you doing? Looking forward to that new
job I am sure. I am still very excited for you.

I had lung cancer...bronchioavelor carcinoma...Stage
Ib.I had surgery Aug 19th to remove the cancer and
part of my lobe. I am doing better. Sitting down for
long periods of time is hard. So, I am up alot at
work. I sat down yesterday and talked to my boss so
the tensions and his expectations of me have changed a
bit for the better now. Most people at work are very
good about talking to me. There are still a few that
don't know what to say. It's as if you can feel the
death sentence they have over you when they as..."so
how are you really doing?" I usually
answer...well...i'm gonna live..then I tell them I am
doing fine.

I really liked the new oncologist. I go back this
coming Thursday for a bone scan and a body scan. Then
friday I will go see him for the results. He said he
wanted to start chemo on me just as a prevention and
hopefully as a deterent for a recurrance. I am a bit
nervous about that.

Keep me posted on how you are doing. Hope to hear from
you soon

Your friend,
Diane