Re: [MOL]Colon w mets to liver Reply [01162] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL]Colon w mets to liver Reply

Dear Friend:  There is no one who can predict the survival of a human.
There can be clues; but never an accurate prediction.  All so often we have
seen so many on this line go far pass any prediction of survival that was
given.  That is the beauty of this forum, more people live with cancer than
die with cancer.  Survival is an attitude.....write that on your mirror and
look at it often.  I would further suggest guided imagery and meditation.
Each of us have an awesome power with-in to aide in our healing; but we must
believe we will be well for this to have an effect.  I would further suggest
that you work on the immune system, green tea; etc.  These are alternatives;
but are noted for the part they play in the process.  Just make sure
anything that is done that your husbands doctor is aware of it; as sometimes
there can be a conflict between certain alternative therapies and chemo. It
is also important that your husband not be around toxic people, everything
must be on the positive.  No, I did not say this is easy, especially for you
as his loving caregiver.  Your husband also needs to get involved with
acquiring the knowledge needed for his decision.  I would suggest any of
these books:http://www.peoplesuccess.com/siegel.htm

Should you or your husband become depress (and this happens so easily under
the circumstances) seriously consider an anti-depressant.  Forgive me, I
know this is not the answer you wanted; but I can only be forthright and
honest with you.  I will tell you that I have seen through my researching
very promising things for both colon and colon with mets to liver.  Each of
us will walk with you on this journey.   You have found a home away from
home, whereby you can cry, you can vent, you can encourage someone and yes
even get a laugh or two; as humor is also a good medicine.  We have all been
through cancer one way or another and have all expierence all the little
goodies that go with it; but in time there will be some beautiful lessons
you and your husband will learn, it is a given.  Your friend, lillian

Warmly, lillian

more....