Re[4]: [MOL] Normality [01143] Medicine On Line

Re[4]: [MOL] Normality

     Hi Donna,

     Cory is doing a lot better. Although his hemocrit is still really low.
     It was at 22 on Monday and when he went in on Thursday it was at 20,
     so he had to go in and get blood today.  His doctor said this is
     normal, but I don't understand how it could drop like that in the
     course of a couple of days.  Oh well, hopefully he'll start producing
     his own red blood cells soon, atleast his platelets are up a bit and
     his neutrophils are starting to come up as well.  Of course once
     they're up to a semi-normal level they'll just hit him again with the
     chemo.  Well, it's almost over.  Sometimes, I think that I'm not sure
     if I can make it through another round, but I know I have to.  It's so
     exhausting, for both of us, especially him.  Well, atleast he's still
     here with me, that's all that matters.  :)

     As for the bone marrow freezing.  We've talked about it with his Dr.,
     but from what I gather, his Dr doesn't think that autologous bone
     marrow transplants are very effective, so I don't think he's going to
     freeze some of Cory's marrow just in case.   I'm not sure about this.
     I've read a lot about bone marrow transplants and I get a lot of
     contradictory information.  Well, with any luck it won't come to that.

     I am there for Cory whenever he needs me.  Although I think his memory
     is better than mine sometimes.  I have to write everything down, or
     it's in one ear out the other, but then again I've always been that
     way.  Well, with any luck this will all be over before Christmas. I'm
     thinking of trying to get a way for a little vacation with Cory in
     January.  I think we could both use it.  We'll see.

     Brandi