Re: Re[2]: [MOL] Normality [01110] Medicine On Line

Re: Re[2]: [MOL] Normality

Hi Brandi,

I have just realized that I have been sending my e-mails to myself.  I have
been responding but just talking to myself.  I hope this reaches you.

Feeling better today..how's Cory?

I was never informed as to what subtype I was, but I had the same exact
treatments as Cory is getting, same medicines, except he has had a couple
more rounds of ARA-C than I had, but if my doctor had said more, then that's
what I would have done.  Maybe my treatments were stronger, I don't know.
Every visit to the doctor's office, which was every day, I had to sign my
name and walk in a straight line one foot in front of the other, to see if
the ARA-C was effecting my brain.  Has Cory thought about freezing his bone
marrow now that he is in remission?  That's what I did.  My bone marrow is
frozen at UCSD in San Diego for 10 years. Now if I get the call to get on
that infamous cancer coaster ride again, I'll have a ticket to get off.

My boyfriend told me to tell you how wonderful he was to me while I was down
and he is so right.  He never left my side, he would ask the doctor the tough
questions that I didn't have the strength to, it's so important to have two
brains there because towards the end of my treatments I couldn't remember
anything, it felt terrible.  Every time I would write something on my brain
blackboard, it was erased immediately.  I hated it!  I don't know if this is
an after effect of chemo, but it took about 1 1/2 years to get back to normal.

Yes, you will get back to the way you were and sooner than you think.  As
soon as my last chemo..fever...hospital stay (about 40 days) was over, I was
back to work, I couldn't remember why I was there because I had no brain, but
I was there.  Back to aerobics in 2 more months, and now Katie bar the door.
I'm as strong as I ever was.  Mountain biking is my favorite sport.  You
would never guess that I had leukemia from looking at me.  My blood work is
perfect.

Hang on...your almost through,  Donna