Re[2]: [MOL] Normality [01071] Medicine On Line

Re[2]: [MOL] Normality

     Hi Donna,

     Thank you for the kind words.  I know that we are very lucky.  He's
     doing really well, just one more round to go.  I wish it was over
     already.  I just wish I could have part of what we had before he was
     diagnosed back, even if it were just for a night.  It would be a nice
     distraction.  I know that we can't really go back to what we were,
     which is ok, but I suppose I just would like a night out where neither
     of us have to really think about it or talk about, almost pretend like
     it wasn't there.  Sigh..

     Anyways, I think that 'Myelogenous' and 'Myelocytic' are basically the
     same thing, only a different form of the word.  Atleast that's what
     I've read and been told by his oncologist.  I was curious about this
     too, so I asked his Dr. a while back and he said that they are
     basically the same thing.  Well, that is if I'm remembering this
     correctly.  He's told us a lot of things and it's definately hard to
     keep it all straight sometimes.

     So you had AML?  What subtype was it and what chemo drugs where you
     treated with?  Sorry for all the questions.  I'm just curious.  I
     guess I haven't had the opportunity to talk to someone who survived
     AML.  It makes me feel better knowing that there are people out there
     who have.  I guess it gives me hope for Cory.

     Geez, I'm all weepy today. I don't know where all this came from.  I
     guess I'm getting more anxious about his treatment ending.  He has one
     more round left.  Part of me can't wait for it to be over, but I'm
     also really scared about what's gonna happen next.  It's sorta like
     we're on our own so to speak.  Well, I'm sure this is pretty common,
     but it's hard to deal with sometimes.  Thanks for listening and being
     so understanding.

     Brandi