[MOL] Doctors will do anything to get needed treatment for patients.... [01013] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Doctors will do anything to get needed treatment for patients....

MOST DOCTORS WOULD LIE TO GET TREATMENT FOR PATIENTS
    A majority of doctors responding to an American Medical Association
survey say they would exaggerate the truth about a patient's medical
condition, if they thought it was necessary in order to get HMOs to
approve treatment for serious health concerns.
    Almost three-fifths of those responding said they would be willing to
turn in "deliberately deceptive documentaiton" in order to see to it
that a patient received a necessary heart bypass, or other medical
treatment for a life-threatening condition.
    On the other hand, less than three percent of the doctors said they
would fake the documentation to get an HMO to pay for a nose job.

Warmly, lillian