[MOL] Diabetes [00990] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Diabetes

I had one relative die of cancer of the throat, smoked. I don't know of
any more. Maybe most of use don't live long enough. Seems like we are
dying of the complications of diabetes more than anything, the heart
complications. There have been studies done where apparently the
northern Cree tribes have a gene that allowed them to use sugar/fats
very efficiently and now it is working against us as we become civilized
and addicted to junk food! Started with late onset diabetes and now we
are starting to get the symptoms at a younger age. My own particular
branch of the family has the autoimmune diseases, both my mom and dad
and extended family, in addition to the diabetes. Jeanne