Re: [MOL] carcinoid syndrome/reply [00879] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] carcinoid syndrome/reply

Hi Jim!  Welcome to our forum.  I was curious to know who suggested that you
may have carcinoid syndrome?  In any event your test result is a marker and
this could mean several things.  1.  Markers are but guidelines, they
suggest that something is happening in the way of the changing of your
cells.  1.  It must be noted that lots of things can effect markers, some
being:  smoking, stress; etc.  If your marker continue to go up then other
tests will be given to see if the location of the tumor can be found and
this will then dictate the type treatments that are available for this
particular cancer.  When will your Doctor be re-testing?  I would suspect
your Doctor will be keeping a close eye on your marker.  I want to tell you
that sometimes mistakes are made in the lab.  I had a CA-125 test and was
telephoned by the nurse that my test came back good, the doctor then called
me and said he wanted me back in for a retesting, the marker was the same as
three months ago which was 28, I was again retested and again it was 28.  I
hope this helps you and relieves some of the stress you may be feeling right
now.  If I may be of further help, please let me know, your friend, lillian
Warmly, lillian

more....