[MOL] Cancer [00729] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Cancer

I was diagnosed a year ago with colon cancer which at that time had already
metastasized to my liver.  I had an anterior resection of the colon to remove
the origin of the cancer.  Since then I have been treated with 5FU/Leukovoran
with no positive effects.  I then received two treatments of
CPT-11(Camptosar) before undergoing radiofrequency ablation.  Initially this
treatment looked as though it might have destroyed the lesions in my liver
although my blood CEA level continued to elevate.  It was recently discovered
that the cancer has now spread to my right lung.  I am now back on CPT-11.  I
am waiting for a clinical trial of a Ras Inhibitor in a few months which my
oncologist thinks might be my best bet. My questions to you are these:
1. Have any of you heard of Ras Inhibitors? ( this one is made by Scherring
Labs)
2. If so, what is it, how is it administered, how is it supposed to work?
3.  If any of you have a diagnosis similar to mine, what has worked for?
Thank you for your consideration.