RE: [MOL] Important Please Read....... [00704] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] Important Please Read.......

Just a postscript to this...NPR had a very provocative discussion
about this. It seems that the reactions the rats had could just as
easily have been caused by the potatoes themselves, due to certain
natural chemicals in the potatoes. In other words, If the rats had
been fedd just regular unaltered potatoes, the results could have
been the same.

This, evidently, was unfortunately a poorly done study, and the
report was not peer-reviewed as is usually done before publication.
Lancet admits it chose to publish it anyway, knowing it was an
unreliable study, because it is a controversial topic. They
published it supposedly to quiet any thought of a "conspiracy."

So aside from the issue of modified foods (which i am totally
against, regardless of studies) one of the big issues is whether
flawed studies such as this one should be published in respected
journals! It also means that we can trust fewer and fewer resources
for reliable information. That is the scary thing to me...