Re: [MOL] small cell carcinoma [00694] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] small cell carcinoma

Dear Ann,
>From your address I hope that this is your name, if not, please excuse the
mistake.
I am sorry that your outlook is so negative, and that you have had your life
touched by cancer.  My hubby of 74 years and a bad heart has survived, small
cell (oat cell) carcinoma lung cancer.  He was diagnosed March 24, 1998, his
tests and scans show no sign of any cancer that was done last month.  His
Doctor said that they type of cancer if you hit it hard the first time and it
goes into remission that chances of it never coming back is great, he beat
the odds so far, and he was given 3 to 6 months if he didn't respond to Chemo
and radiation.  He also said the best thing to help to put the patient into
remission is for them and his or her loved ones to keep a positive attitude,
so far we have done pretty good with a few ups and downs, this is not a fun
journey, but sometimes the rewards are at the end of the long tunnel.  This
forum try's to be positive and truthful, and we are all like family and we
are here for each other.  I also believe in prayers, and sometimes God has a
plan that we cannot change.
God bless you and yours,
Nanc ():-)

In a message dated 10/18/1999 6:39:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,