Re: [MOL] ovarian cancer/Reply to Lisa [00690] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] ovarian cancer/Reply to Lisa

Hi Lisa and welcome to our wonderful forum, wish it was under better
circumstances that we meet; but do know we will be keeping you and your
mother in our hearts and prayers.  I have the info. you need on the
Navelbine therapy, plus I have included a couple of sites for you to explore
and gather information.  If we may be of further help just ask and always
feel free to join any on going conversations, this is your forum too now.
Your friend, lillian

NAVELBINE
Possible Side Effects: What Can Be Done/What You Can Do:
Nausea and vomiting. Your provider may prescribe a nausea medication. Take
it as ordered. Also, you may wish to consult with a dietitian.
Stinging or burning if drug gets out of vein. Report these symptoms to your
provider immediately.
Decreased blood counts in 7-10 days. Avoid contact with people who have
colds or flu.
Avoid taking aspirin and aspirin products while on chemotherapy.
Report fever of 101 or higher to your physician immediately day or night.
Watch for signs of bleeding or bruising.
Report any signs of infection.
Numbness or tingling in hands or feet. Report these symptoms to your
provider immediately.
Constipation. Drink plenty of fluids. Take stool softeners as advised by
your physician or nurse.
Hair loss. This is reversible and will grow back after treatment. You may
wish to talk to your provider about a wig, scarf or toupee if hair loss is
experienced.
Chest pain. Report any chest pain or shortness of breath during or after
infusion.

http://www.njb2b.com/siuh/radoncology/brarticle3.html

http://www.njb2b.com/siuh/radoncology/brarticle19.html

Warmly, lillian