Re: [MOL] Proactive Oncology Nutrition/Gastrointestinalinfo./fatigue in [00632] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Proactive Oncology Nutrition/Gastrointestinalinfo./fatigue info/Maintain Immunity/Nausa; etc.

Dear Lillian:
    I know exactly what to eat to have a healthy, low cholesterol diet under
ordinary circumstances and to prevent cancer.  But to tell you the truth, I
am totally confused about what foods and supplements to eat and not eat once
you have cancer. As you know, Sloan Kettering just announced something
confusing about cancer cells absorbing or needing vitamin C.  I interpret
this to mean don't take vitamin C supplements while on chemo.  Also there's a
controversy about Vitamin E and antioxidants interfering with chemo.  For my
husband, I give him whatever he wants including meat (in the past we only ate
fish), and even honey and sugar if he craves it.  I think the diet you posted
is good for people seeking good health but I'm just not sure about once you
have cancer and especially if you're on chemo.  Bess