[MOL] "Live Events Notice for Breast Cancer!".... [00558] Medicine On Line

[MOL] "Live Events Notice for Breast Cancer!"....

LIVE EVENTS

* Breast Cancer
Tuesday, October 19th, 9 p.m. EDT, Guest Host: Lillie Shockney, R.N., B.S.
According to the American Cancer Society, an estimated 175,000 new cases
of invasive breast cancer are expected to occur in U.S. women this year,
of which about 43,000 of them are expected to die. Breast Cancer remains
the second leading cause of cancer death among women; one of every eight
U.S. women will develop the disease sometime during her lifetime. From
diagnosis through treatment, the stress on patients cannot be understated.
Women, who must undergo a mastectomy, can suffer intense feelings of
humiliation; many describe the experience as mutilation. As a breast cancer
survivor, who has endured two mastectomies since 1992, Lillie Shockney,
offers the perspective and understanding of someone who has been there.
She will discuss the various procedures involved in detection, screening,
and treatment, as well as her thoughts on the psychological barriers that
breast cancer patients can hope to overcome. Ask Lillie a question in
advance, take our Breast Cancer Quiz, and read our Breast Cancer FAQ, by
following the Live Event links on the right side of our homepage at
http://www.mediconsult.com/mc/mcsite.nsf/conditionnav/homepage

Warmly, lillian