[MOL] ACUP [00557] Medicine On Line

[MOL] ACUP

Hi, June, I have been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma unknown primary
(ACUP). No known protocol and apparently the chance of discovering the
primary is almost nil. If the primary were known, then you could then
use the stanard protocol. The first symptom I had was a pleural
effusion, drained this and put in talc to stick the lung layer back to
the diaphragm. I was diagnosed by the cancer cells floating in the fluid
that was drained. No other tumor site found despite numerous tests and a
laparoscopy. This mass in the chest has been slowly growing but it is a
mass of talc, tumor cells (?) and scar tissue so the docs have been
unable to get a specimen for further pathology. If they do manage to get
one this coming biopsy, I am going to have the slides reviewed at M.D.
Anderson. They might find the primary site.

How are you doing? I know you went to Staten Island. Did you have
surgery as well? When did you log on Mol? Long timer, eh? God Bless,
Jeanne