Re: Re: [MOL] carboplatin [00331] Medicine On Line

Re: Re: [MOL] carboplatin

Diane:
    My husband has adenocarcinoma (NSCLC) with a large tumor in the right
lung and many many metatastic nodules in both lungs, hence surgery and
radiation is not an option.  Furthermore, he had pleural effusions which were
drained once by thoracentesis and supposedly permanently by a talc poudrage
procedure.  As I mentioned he is taking the taxol/carbo and tolerating it
fairly well, but I suspect it's not working (NSCLC in general does not
respond to chemo as well as the more aggressive SCLC).  Obviously, you have a
different situation.  Good luck.  Keep me posted.  Bess