Re: [MOL] re: pancreatic cancer [00307] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] re: pancreatic cancer

Dear Rhonda:

It's great your father could have the operation but
even better the nodes were negative. That takes your
father from stage three to stage one, with grat
chances of survival if the chemio is with 5FU combined
with gemscitabina and after a couple of years he can
have a treatment with endostatin or angistatin.

Try him not to loose weight, that is very important,
bur don't feedhim with sugar by any mean. Somthing
that is very good is the enteral meals like Ensure.
Find the cuantity of calories he needs to keep hes
weight an don't let him go down.

Your father has very good chances, his diabetes is
very controlable if you compare it to a normal
diabetes and that is not for sure yet because hes
pancreas is still on recover.

So, go and thank God. Very few people find a
pancreatic cancer in stage one. Kiss your father an
give him a lot of love. The only reason why they do
all this is the love they have for us.

Maria Luisa