Re: [MOL] carboplatin [00293] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] carboplatin

Dear Frank:
    I read your message with interest.  My husband has NSCLC and is taking
the same regime.  He just finished his fourth round and will be evaluated in
two weeks.  After two rounds there was no change for better or worse.  I am
curious--what kind of lung cancer do you have?  Did you do surgery first or
just chemo?  Did you have a pleural effusion?  Apparently you can't do
radiation with a pleural effusion.  Also did you have mets to both lungs?  My
husband had all of these.
So far he hasn't had grave side effects  either except general fatigue but no
good results as well
I'm very happy for you.  Continued good luck.  Bess

<<I am taking carboplatin with taxol for lung cancer treatment. In my case i
am fine for 2  days after treatment. For the next 2 days I'm tired with a
reduced appetite.
After the fourth day I return to normal with no side effects. I have taken 3
treatments, spaced 3 weeks apart. My blood count and kidney function has
remained normal and I feel great. The only noticable side effect is hair
loss. After 3 treatments my tumor has dramatically reduced in size and I may
not need more chemotherapy. I may need additional radiation treatment and
possibly surgury but the signs are good for a complete cure. I would have no
hesitation to using carboplatin if the doctors feel it can treat a condition.
In my case the side effects to taxol and carboplatin have been minimal
compared to the results..

<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>

<DIV>I am taking carboplatin with taxol for lung
cancer treatment. In my case i am fine for 2&nbsp; days after treatment. For
the
next 2 days I'm tired with a reduced appetite.</DIV>
<DIV>After the fourth day I return to normal with no
side effects. I have taken 3 treatments,>>